One last weekend of WinterMarch 20, 2017 12:27 pm
With one weekend of Winter left and Spring right around the corner – we over here at Raus are beginning to feel the tears well up. Don’t get us wrong, we love Spring skiing and snowboarding but with Spring around the corner we know that the final days of the 16/17 season are also right around the next bend. Our calendar is filled with closing dates for resorts around BC and Alberta and this makes us sad. We listen to the chatter around the towns of people who are tired of winter and snow whilst we are silently cheering every last snow flake that falls on the mountains and in the cities and towns near our favorite places to ski and board
So with this last weekend of Winter, we have a few suggestions to make the most of it:
1. No matter the temperature this coming weekend , wear your most technical, weatherproof, avalanche ready, post apocalyptic cold snow gear. Bring out the down filled Gortex jackets and let them shine one last time. In 2 short weeks it will be socially acceptable to be seen riding around in bikinis and shorts.
2. Enjoy the Apres Bevvies. Doesn’t matter to us what quenches your thirst- Hot Chocolate, Beer, Cider or Water (pffffft) Get outside on that mountain and soak up this last weekend of Winter.
3. Keep those flasks filled with strong Wintery warmers like fireball, whiskey and vodka. These can be replaced by coconut rum and pineapple schanpps on March 20th.
4. Embrace the wind burn and frosted hair tips – we’re just a couple days out from goggle tans and sunburned lips.
5. Download Raus this week. We’re still waking people up for amazing days.
Enjoy the last weekend of Winter. Get outside and explore and maybe just maybe we’ll see you on the Mountains.
The Raus Team.
Categorised in: Winter